Toward a More Tranquil Standpoint
Based on responses by Eric McCormack in “Hot Hollywood,” US (14 July 2014) 6. His words appear in bold with statements completed as I would respond in following the setup.
- I’m happiest when I finish something to my satisfaction.
- … especially if the project is a worthy one.
- I’ve always wanted to be able to sing on tune.
- My family and I have persisted in our differences.
- I was a terrible math student and had no business taking calculus.
- My first job at age 9, for which I was paid, was delivering newspapers.
- I could probably eat the same menu in weekly rotation.
- I stole a lot from reading history.
- I was born (2 May 1940) on the same day in history as Czarina Catherine II (1729), Manfred von Richthofen (1892), and Dr. Benjamin Spock (1903).
- My all-time favorite film is Slaves of New York.
- And I do not care for anti-heroes.
- I’m still mad at no one: what’s the point?
- I met my wife over a 4-member post theater conversation and then three years later through a mutual friend in her dramatic production class.
- I knew I wanted to be a historian from reading histories and historical novels.
- I’m not afraid to mix imagination and reality.
- I make the best smoothies from half a banana, applesauce, Greek yogurt, cranrasberry-orange juice, and either strawberries, a nectarine, or some kind of flavorful jam, especially if rhubarb.
- I have almost no athletic skills, but I bicycle in good weather and enjoy walking or other physical exercise.
- I never cry at the end of a book – except once, I think – and now I cannot recall the author or title.
- I’m a U.S. citizen who has only been out of the country to Canada.
- I spent five years with party politics before I realized how hard it was to get citizens to do their democratic part.
- I wish my folks would have lived to tell me more about their pasts.
- At 5, I was deeply in love with Ferdinand the Bull by Munro Leaf.
- I believe that if everyone had the good of others in mind, we could throw our weapons away.
- I can’t stand anything foolish, stupid, or derogatory, but I manage to keep on breathing.
- Whenever Game of Thrones is on, I’ll watch it.
This entry parallels Roger Sween Revealed and What I Learned, both linked from the MY TYPE page.
Copyright © 2014 by Roger D. Sween
I welcome comments on this post. For personal comments to me, send to my email.